Sunday, March 18, 2012

Layla is 4 months today!



Its been four long and( still )challenging months. It seems like not too much has changed, although I know it has. I feel like I write the same things about her...
At four months:

  • Still cries a lot
  • Wakes up 2-3 times during the night (improvement)
  • Goes to bed after 8:30pm
  • No set nap schedule (I'm trying and she is resisting)
  • Eating a TON. I couldn't even guess how much she eats. Again, no routine and likes to snack all day long.
  • With that said, she is still wearing 0-3 mo. clothing. (surprising)
  • Weighs 11 pounds
  • Sleeps on her belly (always has)
  • Rolls both ways (but has been doing this since 3 weeks old!)
  • Enjoys going for walks in her stroller
  • Smiling and cooing more. Likes "B" and "P" sounds for some reason. Like if I say "Beep Beep" She laughs...I have no idea why, but its funny.
  • Always smiles at Parker when he talks to her.

She is getting better, but so much different than Parker. She is more calm during the night and will usually go back to sleep after she eats (at night only) Preston and I always wondered what it would be like to be "one of those people whose babies sleep through the night" I have a feeling we wont be experiencing that for a long while.

She is still a very frantic, anxious and vocal baby during the day. She will definitely let you know when she is mad. She still would prefer being held all day if we were willing. She also would prefer to be awake instead of sleeping. I laugh every time I read a magazine or book article on how babies like to sleep 15 + hours per day. Layla is awake 15+ hours during a 24 hour period. She is resistant to any kind of routine (eating, sleeping, napping etc). She likes to take 10 minute cat naps and is ready to go for several more hours.


Looking back just a few months ago, things were much more hectic, so in 4 months I guess we have come a long way, especially since the first month...which Preston and I agree we could never go through again!

No comments:

Post a Comment